Skip to main content

Throckmorton leases, Sept 11, 2018, Item 10

More
5 years 6 months ago #478 by BrigidShea
SUBJECT: Follow up Throckmorton Leases

Dear Colleagues, I will not be in Court tomorrow, 9/11, but I wanted to share my thoughts on the Throckmorton leases.
In 2013, the County was receiving an estimated $131,740 per year for the grazing lease and 50% of the income from the hunting and recreation lease ($7/per acre).
The Court voted to renegotiate the contract and increased the revenue to $225,840 per year for 5 years ($12/per acre).
At the time, Spade Ranch said they believed that after 10 years, a 40% increase was in order. Travis County negotiated an increase larger than 40%. I believe we should renegotiate increases at least every 5 years, including this year.
Also, in 2013, the Court dispersed more than $3 million dollars in revenue from the Permanent School Funds account to the county school districts. The current balance is once again over $3 million dollars. Should the Court consider another disbursement to the school districts?

Best,
Brigid

Travis County Precinct Two Commissioner Brigid Shea

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 4.406 seconds

TAX RATE: TRAVIS COUNTY ADOPTED A TAX RATE THAT WILL RAISE MORE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS THAN LAST YEAR’S TAX RATE. THE TAX RATE WILL EFFECTIVELY BE RAISED BY 3.5 PERCENT AND WILL RAISE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS ON A $100,000 HOME BY APPROXIMATELY $9.12.