Skip to main content

Getting Started with Diversion Services, Bridge Housing & Data Sharing

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #1043 by CommissionerAnn
Greetings - 
Attached is an update to the LFRF proposal for diversion services, bridge housing and data sharing.  Let's work out the details and get started.  And then, assess and iterate to build a system of services that provides the right care, in the right place, at the right time, so that we prevent and reduce unnecessary jail time.  Experiences from the pilot - learning what works here and what doesn't will be invaluable as we anticipate colocating jail diversion services with a new central booking facility.

Also, I'm encouraged and grateful that Integral Care has proposed enhancing emergency psychiatric services and pivoting other resources to get us started; City Council passed a resolution to find financial resources necessary to partner on the pilot; Central Health has sent a letter of financial/heatlhcare support and the Downtown Austin Alliance spoke out early in support.  I've inititated conversations with hospitals and private philanthropy and believe that our leadership and financial committment will be key to building the partnerships needed for success.

I look forward to our discussions.
Ann Howard, Precinct 3 Commissioner

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 4.424 seconds

TAX RATE: TRAVIS COUNTY ADOPTED A TAX RATE THAT WILL RAISE MORE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS THAN LAST YEAR’S TAX RATE. THE TAX RATE WILL EFFECTIVELY BE RAISED BY 3.5 PERCENT AND WILL RAISE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS ON A $100,000 HOME BY APPROXIMATELY $9.12.